Thursday, October 8, 2009

On my way to being a Desperate Housewife

Who knew moving to Sweden would turn me into some type of Martha Stewart, Rachel Ray, and or Brie Hodge/Susan Meyer prodigy?

Lets begin with all the yummy things I've made:

1. Veterbrod (Swedish coffee bread)

2. Corn Chowder

3. Cinnamon Apple cake

4. Spicy Chilli

5. Spinach Bacon Quiche

6. Salami, Olive, Mushroom Pizza

7. Beef Stroganoff

8. Beef Tacos with Guacamole

9. Twice Backed Potatoes

10. Minestrone Soup

11. Mexican Omelet

12. Swedish Crepes

13. Chicken Parmesan

13. Pesto filled chicken

14. Cinnamon raisin granola

15. Spaghetti with Meat sauce

16. Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry

17. Tortilla Soup

ect ect...

Those are just the ones that I remember and yes they were all homemade from scratch....if I do say so myself! (i'm not bragging at all, haha)

Now onto more of this housewife business-

Lets talk about the odd and somewhat random joy i've been getting out of vacuuming twice a week and doing the laundry once a week. Not to mention interior organization, but let's be honest i've always enjoyed that! Then there is the constant candle burning and dusting that are both joyful everyday occurrences.

At first my grocery store adventures were somewhat panic stricken with the language barrier to fault. But now they are more of challenges which I happily accept. Like how to find the proper or similar ingredients for my American recipes. Also, what new items to take and chance and try out! I must say chocolate oat milk is quite tasty!

Then comes the next housewife challenge - the actual cooking of the goods. The measurement and temperature conversions can sometimes be a bit of a science experiment and only once have they gone south.

So after all of this I think I would make an "Underbart" contestant for The Real Housewives of GBG, dont you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment